- Visitors to our website
- Customers who purchase goods or services or create an account with us
What Is Personal Information?
Customers: The Personal Information We Collect About You And How We Use It
If you purchase products or services from us, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to respond to your enquiries;
- to keep you informed about our products, services and latest offers;
- to process your order and to follow up on orders that are not completed;
- to manage your account, including carrying out identity checks where relevant;
- to manage your credit account (if applicable) including carrying out credit checks;
- to use your purchase history to manage rebates and supplier claimbacks;
- for market research purposes;
- to publish trends via our Dashboard and/or to improve usefulness and content of our website;
- to track activity on our site and to provide a more personalised online experience;
- to link with social media sites and services, for example, for advertising purposes;
- to notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services;
- to manage deliveries, returns and refunds;
- for product liability purposes;
- for record keeping purposes.
If you sign up to receive email updates or have bought or enquired about our products or services, we may use the information we collect to let you know about our other products and services which may be of interest to you and to keep you updated with information about promotional offers and what is coming soon. If you leave items in your shopping basket on our website without completing a purchase, we may send you an email to follow up and ask if you need any help with your order. We review the products and services you buy and we also analyse your use of our website and the searches you make on this and other websites. We use this information to tailor the marketing you receive from us so it is as relevant as possible. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. You can also opt out of receiving marketing which is tailored to suit your customer profile. See Your Rights below for more details.
Some telephone calls may be recorded or monitored, for example calls to our customer services teams. Call recording and monitoring may be carried out for the following purposes:
- training and quality control;
- as evidence of conversations; and/or
- for the prevention or detection of crime (e.g. fraudulent claims).
Legal Basis for Processing
Some of the information we collect is provided by you voluntarily (and therefore with your permission), for example when you sign up to join a mailing list or submit a query. If you purchase items from us, or if you supply products or services to us, most of the information we collect is necessary so that we can fulfil the contract between us. The remainder of the information is collected for our legitimate business purposes, which include:
- To keep in touch with current, past and prospective customers
- To provide online account management and related services
- To gain an understanding of how our customers interact with us so we can provide the most relevant products and services
- To monitor the use of our website and improve its facilities
- To identify suspected criminal activity and take appropriate action
- To manage our supply chain and the relationship with our suppliers
- To protect and defend our rights
When we collect personal information from you we will indicate whether it is mandatory or voluntary – this is done on the website by using asterisks to mark mandatory fields.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed for the legitimate business purposes described above. If you are a visitor to the website, we will retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updates on our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so. If you make a one-off purchase, we normally keep records of the transaction for 7 years. If you are an account customer or a supplier, we normally keep records for 7 years after the closure of your account or the last purchase or sale you made. In all cases, this is for accounting, tax and product liability purposes. Your information may be retained for longer than this if there are valid legal grounds for us to do so, for example if required by law or court order, or as needed to defend or pursue legal claims.
Working with Service Providers
Like most organisations, we engage service providers to run our website and IT systems, to help us administer accounts, to conduct credit checks and fraud screening, and to handle postal and email marketing campaigns. We also work with a large number of suppliers who provide products and delivery services to us. We will only provide these companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged them for.
Your information may be shared within the Travis Perkins Group for account management (including credit accounts), analysis and reporting. Your personal data may be disclosed to the following third parties for the purposes described above:
- tax, customs and excise authorities
- regulators, courts and the police
- fraud screening agencies
- central and local government
- insurance companies
- other professional advisors
We may also disclose your personal information if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or otherwise protect and defend our rights, property or the safety of our customers and other users of the website.
We are committed to safeguarding the personal information you provide to us. We use appropriate measures to protect the information that you submit through our website and the information we collect and store about our customers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access or modification. If you have created an account or registered to use any online services, your account details may be password protected. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential and to sign out once you have finished browsing.
Changes to this policy
Links to other websites
Links may be provided on our website to other websites that are not operated by us. If you use these links, you will leave our website. You should note that we are not responsible for the contents of any third party website. External sites will have their own privacy policies which you should read carefully.
If you have an online account you can access, update and correct your personal information – including your marketing choices – using the email management facilities. You can opt out of receiving emails or text marketing at any time by using the unsubscribe option in the message. You can opt out of postal and telephone marketing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer not to receive marketing which is tailored to suit your customer profile, please contact us at email@example.com and confirm which accounts this affects. You will still receive generic marketing unless you opt out of receiving marketing entirely.
Access and Correction
If you would like to correct or update any of your other personal information, or if you would like a copy of the personal information we hold, please contact at the address below. We may need to ask for proof of your identity before we can respond to your request.
You may also have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- in certain circumstances, the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, or request that your personal information is deleted
- where you have provided personal information voluntarily, or otherwise consented to its use, the right to withdraw your consent
- in certain circumstances, the right to receive a copy of the personal information which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that we
- transfer that information to another party (known as “data portability”)
- the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority (see further below)
Alltype Roofing Supplies
Accounts Department, Unit 8, Waldo Road, Bromley, Kent, BR12WD